Spooky Pop Tarts
- Spooky cookie cutters (we used skulls and pumpkins)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. OLiV Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- flour, for rolling out the dough
- 1 package pre-made pie crust
- OLiV Butter Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, sugar, spice & OLiV Cinnamon Pear Balsamic. Set aside.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out the top and bottom pieces of pie dough. Use a spooky cookie cutter to cut out your shapes. Make sure to have an even amount. Use a paring knife to cut-out faces on half of the shapes.
Place one shape (without any cut-outs) on your floured surface and place a teaspoon of filling in the centre. Use a spoon to spread the filling almost to the edges. Lightly dip your finger into water and rub the edge of the dough shape with the water. Top with a cut-out shape and use a fork to press the edges together to seal. Repeat with the remaining shapes and filling.
Place the tarts on your prepared baking sheet and brush with OLiV Butter EVOO. Bake for 18 minutes, or until golden brown. Set the tarts aside to cool.