Rosemary Roasted Turkey
- 1 (12 pound) Whole Turkey
- 3/4 cup OLiV Roasted Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. OLiV White Cranberry Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 325ºF.
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients (except for turkey). Set aside.
Wash the turkey inside and out; pat dry. Remove any large fat deposits. Loosen the skin from the breast. This is done by slowly working your fingers between the breast and the skin. Work it loose to the end of the drumstick, being careful not to tear the skin.
Using your hand, spread a generous amount of the rosemary mixture under the breast skin and down the thigh and leg. Rub the remainder of the rosemary mixture over the outside of the breast. Use toothpicks to seal skin over any exposed breast meat.
Place the turkey on a rack in a roasting pan. Add about 1/4 inch of water to the bottom of the pan.
Roast in the preheated oven 3 to 4 hours, or until the internal temperature of the bird reaches 180ºF.