Ultimate Veggie Pasta
This Ultimate Veggie Pasta is crafted to perfection and is highly customizable. Experience bright flavours brought to life by our carefully selected pairing of EVOO and True Balsamic. A healthy meal that is delicious and very addicting to your taste buds. This recipe works beautifully with our White Honey & Ginger Balsamic and Italian Herb with Garlic EVOO!
- 12 ounces uncooked pasta (We used penne)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, Italian Herb with Garlic EVOO
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly-sliced
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into bite-sized pieces (with ends trimmed off and discarded)
- 1 small head of broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly-sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3–4 tablespoons White Honey & Ginger Balsamic
- freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in a large stock pot of generously salted boiling water al dente according to package instructions. Then drain the pasta, and set it aside.
- Meanwhile, as the pasta water is heating and the pasta is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the red onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add the asparagus, broccoli, and red bell pepper, and season the mixture with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Continue sautéing for 4-5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. (Adding in another tablespoon of oil if needed.) Stir in the garlic and continue sautéing for 1-2 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Once the veggies and pasta have all finished cooking, return the stockpot to the stove over medium-high heat. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, cooked pasta, veggie mixture, balsamic vinegar, lots of freshly-cracked black pepper, and toss to combine. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, so that the pasta is very lightly toasted. Taste, and add extra balsamic vinegar and black pepper if needed.
- Remove from heat and sere warm, garnished with lots of Parmesan cheese.
Feel free to add a splash of white wine or more balsamic to enhance the flavour further!