Ultimate Pear Balsamic Pizza
This Ultimate Pear Balsamic Pizza is a truly unique and delicious delicacy. Experience the perfect combination of salty, sweet, and savory flavours. Ready for a fun secret? No sauce is required for this beautiful creation. All flavor profiles have been professionally chosen and fuse perfectly together right on top of the pizza. Enough of the same old pizzas, impress yourself and guests with this fun and creative dish. This recipe works beautifully with our Pear Balsamic and Italian Herb EVOO!
- 2 teaspoons Italian Herb EVOO
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 teaspoon Italian Herb EVOO
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 pear, sliced thin (optional due to powerful flavor infusion)
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 3 slices of prosciutto, rolled up and sliced thinly
- 1-2 teaspoons of Pear Balsamic
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a baking sheet or pizza stone with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet add 2 teaspoons of Italian Herb EVOO. Heat over medium heat then add the sliced onion and cook until it softens and turns golden brown (about 10 minutes).
- Roll the pizza dough out onto the sheet or stone. Brush the teaspoon of Italian Herb EVOO all over the top of the dough, then sprinkle on salt, pepper, and the fresh thyme.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheeses and gorgonzola crumbles all over the pizza. Top evenly with the sliced pear, prosciutto, and caramelized onions.
- Bake the pizza for 10-15 minutes or until it is bubbly and golden. Remove from the oven and drizzle your Pear Balsamic, serve immediately.