Spicy Mango Arugula Salad
This Spicy Mango Arugula Salad is easy to create with delicious and refreshing flavours. Experience just the right amount of sweetness, followed by a pleasant kick from the spice. Fun to create with various customization options. This recipe works beautifully with our Spicy Mango Balsamic and Coratina EVOO!
- 1/4 cup Spicy Mango Balsamic 60 ml
- 2 tablespoons Coratina EVOO, 30 ml
- 1/2-1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey, 15 ml, adjust to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- 5 oz arugula
- 2 medium mangoes ripe and cut into cubes
- 1/2-3/4 cup pecans toasted and then chopped
- Place 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar in a pan on medium heat. Simmer around 5 to 6 minutes until it thickens and reduces in half to around 2 tablespoons. It should be thick and coat the back of a spoon.
- Transfer this to a bowl or measuring jar. Add EVOO, maple syrup, garlic powder, black pepper and salt to taste. Mix everything and set aside. If the dressing seems too thick (this can happen if balsamic vinegar gets cooked for long, then just add some water to thin it out)
- Meanwhile place 1/2 cup pecans (or 3/4 cup if you like more nuts) in a pan on medium heat. Roast for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring often (else nuts will burn) until browned and toasted. Then chop the pecans into bite size pieces.
- To a large bowl, add arugula, chopped mangoes, toasted pecans. Drizzle the dressing and mix. Serve the mango arugula salad immediately. You can also add some cheese on top before serving.