Peach Rosemary Olive Oil Crisp
An easy to make Vegan, fruit forward, summer desert. Fragrant, simple, wholesome, bring on those sunny flavors! These are the traditional flavors of the Mediterranean, where stone fruit grow alongside lemons, olives, and rosemary. This recipe is filled with whole fruits, whole grains, spices, packed with energy, and light on sugar and fat. Due to those factors, enjoy it for breakfast if you want! This recipe works beautifully with our White Peach Balsamic and Rosemary EVOO!
- 8 fresh medium peaches, peeled, sliced (or 8 cups frozen or canned)
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup Rosemary EVOO (Best But Experimental with other OLiV EVOO)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- White Peach Balsamic Drizzled
Garnish: Fresh rosemary sprigs if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
To make peach filling: In a medium bowl, mix together peaches, coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar), rosemary, lemon juice and zest, and orange juice until well combined. Place in a 9 X 13 Inch Baking Dish or divide among 8 individual small baking dishes (i.e., soufflé cups or ramekins).
- To make crisp topping: In a small bowl, mix together oats, flour, vanilla, olive oil, cinnamon, salt, and coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar) to make a crumbly topping. Sprinkle topping over the peach mixture in the baking dish or individual dishes.
- Place peach crisp in the oven, uncovered, and bake 40-45 minutes until golden brown and tender.
- Drizzle with White Peach Balsamic
- Garnish with fresh rosemary, as desired, and serve immediately.
To make this recipe gluten-free, substitute gluten-free flour blend for all purpose flour.