Pasta e Fagioli
This Pasta e Fagioli is the ultimate soup recipe that provides radiating flavour with substantial health properties. Experience the perfect blend of Italian flavour with a hearty and comforting taste. With lots of customization options, you can guarantee to impress any guest with this fantastic and appealing appetizer. This recipe works beautifully with our Rosemary EVOO and Cask 18 Balsamic!
- 2 Tbsp Rosemary EVOO, divided
- 1-3 Tbsp Cask 18 Balsamic (personal preference for Tbsp)
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup diced carrots (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup diced celery (about 3 stalks)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbsp)
- 3 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 2 14.5 oz cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water, then more as desired
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry ditalini pasta
- 1 (15 oz) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- Finely shredded Romano or Parmesan cheese , for serving
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
Heat 1 Tbsp Rosemary EVOO in a large pot over medium high heat, crumble in ground beef and cook, stirring occasionally until cooked through.
Drain fat from beef then transfer beef to a plate, set aside. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp Rosemary EVOO in same pot.
Add onions, carrots, and celery and sauté over medium-high heat until tender about 6 minutes, add garlic and sauté 1 minute longer.
Add chicken broth, tomato sauce, water, canned tomatoes, sugar, basil, oregano, thyme, marjoram and cooked beef then season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low, Add Cask 18 Balsamic and stir, cover with lid and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, until veggies are soft, about 15 - 20 minutes.
Meanwhile prepare ditalini pasta according to directions on package, cooking to al dente.
Add cooked and drained pasta to soup* along with kidney beans and great northern beans. Thin with a little more broth or water if desired.
Allow to cook 1 minute longer. Stir in parsley, serve warm with grated Romano or Parmesan cheese.