Juniper Berry Balsamic and Wine Venison Steak
After popular request, it's time for takeoff! This Juniper Berry Balsamic and Wine Venison Steak is the ultimate meat recipe. Our specifically paired Premium EVOO and Balsamic is the secret that perfectly infuses into the dish. Surprise your friends and family when you completely transcend your steak recipe into a new ultimate favorite. A complete must try for any steak lover! This recipe works beautifully with our Juniper Berry Balsamic and Director's Reserve EVOO!
- 1 pound of 1-inch-thick venison steaks
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 small or 1 large shallot, minced
- 20 juniper berries, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Juniper Berry Balsamic
- 4 tablespoons Director's Reserve EVOO
- 3 tablespoons dry, fruity red wine
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoons Director's Reserve EVOO
- In a bowl, whisk together garlic, shallot, juniper berries, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, red wine, and rosemary. Remove all silver skin from venison and marinate for 5-8 hours in the refrigerator.
- During the last two hours, take venison out of the refrigerator to allow the meat to come to room temperature.
- Prepare grill or pan to medium-high heat. Remove meat from marinade and pat dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle steaks liberally with salt and pepper to taste.
- If you're going to grill the steaks, brush oil all over steaks and onto grill grates. For grilling, cook steaks for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- If pan searing, cover bottom of the pan with 2 teaspoons of oil. Sear steaks in a hot pan for 2-3 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
- Allow meat to rest for 5 minutes and then serve.
Prep time: 5-8 hours
Cook time: 10 minutes