Honey Balsamic Glazed Brussel Sprouts (Vegetable Candy)
Cooked until perfectly tender and golden brown, then glazed with a honey and garlic balsamic glaze. These beautiful sprouts are the the perfect balance of sweet, savory, crispy, and tender. A healthy dessert that anyone in the family can enjoy, especially the kids. A must try experience with transcendent flavor profiles that provide pure enjoyment. This recipe works beautifully with our Honey Garlic Balsamic and Arbequino EVOO!
Brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved
cloves garlic, minced
Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add Brussels sprouts, cut side down, and cook undisturbed, 3 to 4 minutes, until golden on the bottom. Add ¼ cup water and cover. Let Brussels sprouts steam until tender, 3 minutes. If the skillet seems dry, add more water a tablespoon at a time.
- Remove sprouts from skillet and set aside on a plate. Add vinegar, honey, mustard, and garlic and whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook until thick and syrupy, 6 to 8 minutes. Return sprouts to pan, toss to coat, and heat through, 2 to 3 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
- Honey and Garlic is optional due to the flavor infusion of our Honey Garlic Balsamic Vinegar
- Looking to add some spice? Feel free to add some cayenne or red pepper flakes
- For golden caramelization it is important to let the sprouts be undisturbed while cooking for at least 3 minutes