Golden Sunshine Vegetable Curry
This recipe works beautifully with our Curry EVOO and Garlic EVOO !
- 2 x 15ml tablespoons Garlic EVOO
- 1 onion (peeled, halved and cut into half-moons)
- Pinch of sea salt flakes
- 1 green chili (de-seeded and finely chopped)
- 2 cm chunk fresh ginger (peeled and cut into fine strips)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, ground cumin, ground coriander, ground ginger
- 1 x 400 milliliters can coconut milk
- 600 milliliters vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 x 15ml tablespoon tamarind paste
- 350 grams cauliflowers & broccoli (broken into florets)
- 100 grams fine green beans (trimmed and halved) (large handful)
- 125 grams baby sweetcorn (halved)
- 150 grams sugar snaps
- 2 x 15ml tablespoons chopped fresh dill or coriander, or mixture
- Curry EVOO
- To make this Golden Sunshine Vegetable Curry first heat the Curry EVOO in a thick-bottomed casserole or large saucepan and fry the sliced onion sprinkled with some salt until it begins to soften, then add the chopped fresh chili and ginger strips and stir every now and again while cooking for a minute.
- Now add the crushed chili flakes, the turmeric, and ground cumin, coriander and ginger. Stir well and cook for another minute or so before pouring in the coconut milk, stock, sugar and tamarind paste. Stir to combine.
- Bring to the boil, add the cauliflower florets first, then the broccoli. Cook for 10 minutes, then add the fine beans and baby corn. Check the vegetables after about 5 minutes or so to see if they are almost done, letting them cook for longer if they need it.
- Once the vegetables are tender, add the sugar snaps and season to taste, then when the sugar snaps are hot, serve, generously sprinkled with the herbs of your choice, in a bowl on top of some plain rice or with some warmed flatbread on the side for dunking. Enjoy!