Delightful Honey Apple Salad
This Delightful Honey Apple Salad is highly enjoyable and contains delicious pairings of flavour. Experience a bright and refreshing salad that is fun and easy to create. With a beautiful aroma and strong plate appeal, this salad provides joy and substantial taste. This recipe works beautifully with our White Honey & Ginger Balsamic and Basil EVOO!
- 8 cups chopped red leaf lettuce, about 1 large head
- 1 medium apple, cored and thinly sliced (we used Gala apple)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 3/4 cup walnut halves, toasted + roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup Basil EVOO
- 2 Tbsp. White Honey & Ginger Balsamic
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. honey or maple syrup
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Prepare the vinaigrette: in a small bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and honey. Whisk until blended. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Assemble the salad: in a large bowl combine the lettuce, apples, red onions, walnuts, and feta. Drizzle with desired amount of vinaigrette and serve immediately. You’ll have leftover vinaigrette, which can be refrigerated in an airtight container for at least one week, if not more.