Cucumber, Melon and Watermelon Salad
- 4 cups mixed diced watermelon, honeydew and cantaloupe
- 2 cups diced cucumber, seeded if there are seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon or lime zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon Aleppo pepper or mild chili powder (to taste), or 1 serrano chili, minced
- 2 tablespoons Cucumber Melon Balsamic
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Toss together just before serving.
- Advance preparation: This is best when freshly assembled but will keep for a day in the refrigerator
- Toss all the other ingredients together first and then add the watermelon at the very end to preserve its crisp, fresh appearance.
- This is a cool (literally) recipe to showcase summer fruits on a hot day!