Blood Orange EVOO Cake with Chocolate Raspberry Balsamic
This Blood Orange EVOO Cake with Chocolate Raspberry Balsamic is delicious and perfect for Valentines Day. Show your loved one your appreciation with this beautiful dessert, or have fun creating it together. This Spanish inspired cake recipe is guaranteed to bring joy and excitement. This recipe works beautifully with our Valentines Day Bundle!
- 2 cups Unbleached All Purpose Flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup White Sugar
- ¾ cup Orange Juice
- ¾ cup Blood Orange EVOO
- 1 teaspoon Orange Zest
- ½ teaspoon Almond Extract
For the dark chocolate ganache:
- ½ cup Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Drizzle Chocolate Raspberry Balsamic
For the cake: (yields 5 cups batter)
Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare an 8-cup Bundt pan with oil and dusting of flour.
In a mixing bowl, combine FLOUR, BAKING POWDER, and SALT. Set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, blend EGGS and SUGAR on low speed until well-combined.
Add ORANGE JUICE, EVOO, ORANGE ZEST, and ALMOND EXTRACT, and blend on low speed just until combined.
Add half of dry flour mixture to wet ingredients and blend on low speed to incorporate. Add remaining dry mixture and blend just until combined (do not over mix).
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 25 minutes.
Remove cake from oven and toothpick test for doneness (bake another 5 minutes, if needed). When cake is done, place on a cooling rack until cake is cool to the touch. Gently turn out onto a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
Transfer cake to a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Gently turn cake onto a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
To make the chocolate ganache
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat HEAVY CREAM on medium power until it's steaming and warmed, but not scalding. Add CHOCOLATE CHIPS and let it rest a few minutes. Use a whisk or fork to stir until combined. The ganache will have a thick but pourable consistency.
- If it's too thick, whisk in a splash of heavy cream and microwave another minute or so. If it's too thin, add a few chocolate chips and stir until melted and combined.
Drizzle chocolate ganache over the cake and (optional) garnish with sliced almonds, orange zest, or strawberries.
- Add the final touch by drizzling Chocolate Raspberry Balsamic around the cake. (Amount is personal preference)